After rhinoplasty, intense physical activities are prohibited for 2 months. You may start light activities and sports after a month. Get advice of by Dr Hamidreza HOSNANI about sports and physical activities following Rhinoplasty, plastic surgery, nose surgery, nose job.
Please consider the following points, especially if you play sport professionally.
One week after surgery: (ver light exercise)
- You may go for slow walking.
Two weeks after rhinoplasty: (light exercise)
- You may start jogging, lifting light weights and doing slighter yoga activities.
One month after rhinoplasty: (vigorous exercise)
- You may start more strenuous physical activities gradually.
- You may start hiking and swimming (without diving).
Note: Do not bend down and lift heavy weights for one month.
• After 45 days, doing heavy physical activities like running fast and lifting heavy weights are allowed.
• After 2 months, heavier sports like football volleyball and basketball or even lifting heavy weights are possible.
• After 6 months:
Wrestling and fighting is not allowed for 6 months.
• After 12 months
Do not play box and do not bump your nose for 1 year.
It is worth to mention that people with big bony nose will lose 5 to 10 percent of the original nose strength after nose surgery.